The process of getting into college can seem overwhelming the first time you apply for financial aid. Financial aid is funding/money used to help you pay for college and career schools and may include: grants, loans, work-study, and scholarships. A person must complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) SM to find out if she/he is eligible for financial aid. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
An EOC advisor can help you:
- Complete and submit the FAFSA online
- Find additional scholarships
- Understand the FASFA renewal process
- Referrals to seek further assistance to resolve student loan defaults
Complete and bring the EOC-FAFSA Required form sheet to your next appointment with and EOC advisor PDF Form
Identify what documents you need to fill out the FAFSA:
- Dependent students must provide their Parent’s Income Tax Return, either Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, or any other form filed to the IRS the prior year.
- If the student worked, he/she must also provide his/her Income Tax Return from prior year.
- If parents are married and both worked, provide their respective W-2 Forms
- Independent students must provide their Income Tax Return, either Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, or any other form filed to the IRS the prior year. *Note: you can still complete and submit the FAFSASM online even if you or your parents did not file federal taxes.
FAFSA Dependent Guidelines:
FAFSA Independent Guidelines: